[R-SIG-Finance] Linux Commandline and Packages

Ralph Vince rvince99 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 22:43:12 CEST 2012

I frequently use RKWard IDE. However, Ive been trying to run a script
from the command line (in either Centos 6, or Ubuntu 10,10). I have
all of my packages installed in ~/R/Packages, and am invoking

~/R/>R CMD BATCH ~/R/Work/myscript.R

and, in doing so, it doesn't seem to find the installed packages ( in
this case, quantmod and plan) as seen in the output:

How do I get the comandline to recognize my installed packages?
Thanks, Ralph VInce

R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
Copyright (C) 2010 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

> require(quantmod)
Warning message:
In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE,
logical.return = TRUE,  :
  there is no package called 'quantmod'
> library(plan)
Error in library(plan) : there is no package called 'plan'
Execution halted