[R-SIG-Finance] Wild bootstrap

Jae Kim jh8080 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 10:32:40 CEST 2010

The wild bootstrap is bootstrapping for heteroskedastic data.

The package vrtest has wild bootstrap implementations of the variance ratio
tests and you will find some references in the manual.

A well-known reference is

Davidson, Russell & Flachaire, Emmanuel, 2008. "The wild bootstrap, tamed at
last," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 162-169,
September

It is not intended for symmetry, but for replicating heteroskdastic
structure.

It also has wide applications to financial data.

Hope this helps. Jae Kim