[R-SIG-Finance] List etiquette

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:00:42 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
<SNP>

> ii)    We can do better still.  Let's (once more) follow Brian Ripley's lead
>       and apply some pressure so that people actually post using their real
>       names instead of handles like hotshot at awesome.com.  We have nothing
>       against GMail accounts, but we do have something against people hiding
>       behind them.

This seems quite arbitrary to me as I can subscribe to GMail using any
real _looking_ name which still isn't actually _my_ real name.

While I don't do it I think there are real world privacy concerns some
people have about using their real names on lists like this and I
would vote not to require something that looks real if you're not
interested in ensuring that it actually is real.

Just my 2 cents. It's you're list so you're free to do what you want.

Cheers,
Mark