[R-SIG-Finance] List etiquette

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 26 17:03:12 CET 2010

i)     The list works well. I would like to thank all of you for helping to keep
       the signal level up, and noise level down.

ii)    We can do better still.  Let's (once more) follow Brian Ripley's lead
       and apply some pressure so that people actually post using their real
       names instead of handles like hotshot at awesome.com.  We have nothing
       against GMail accounts, but we do have something against people hiding
       behind them.

iii)   As a draconian measure, I just unsubscribed the 'Michael Jungle' monkey.
       I do not like to do this, but he worked hard to deserve it. He will
       undoubtedly come back with a new handle, so let us all try to remember
       point ii) above above.

iv)    FYI, we currently have over 1900 direct subscribers, and several of
       these are other mailing list gateways for in-house lists, gmane, ...

v)     While I am on the soap box:

	   R / Finance 2010 registration is open, see www.RinFinance.com

	   useR! 2010 early registration and abstract submission deadline is
	   _this weekend_, see www.useR2010.org

Thanks, Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!