[R-SIG-Finance] Live Algo Trading

tradetree stock at ancientsaturn.com
Sat Dec 26 05:44:59 CET 2009

Let's move this discussion over to the AQ forum on Nabble.  I want to point
out that aqp2 is not operational, so don't go there expecting a working
release.  But it is close, and I believe it can be the basis for good
progress with the right people.  This is the AQ forum:
http://old.nabble.com/ActiveQuant-f27807.html

Hi,

I am delighted to read these positive vibes about aq, as i found it in 2002
(under the name ccapi).

Mind the new and much easier to use aqp2 from us at
http://aqp2.activequant.org .

The idea u describe is very much what we intend over at aq.org as well, for
this reason we have migrated last year to something like r-forge, u can call
it aq-forge, based on redmine. I offer the servives of aq.org to host all
code, svn,wiki, bug tracker etc. Of course there r also the big places like
sf.net and google code, but i appell on the smartness of people to not
support these big ones, but rather stay close to us and work with aq.org.
On the aq mailing lists we have many good and motivated people. i recommend
to setup a project there and use all the discussion facilities from there.
As we host everything ourselve, an automated backtesting is very easy to
setup. Of course only the best of the best should join theae efforts, i
fully agree that a thorough skillset is required.

Regarding licensing i don't see a problem as long as it stays gpl.

Let's stay in touch.

Sorry for "abusing" this list a bit, on friendly neighbourship,
Ulrich