[R-SIG-Finance] Live Algo Trading

ustaudinger at gmail.com ustaudinger at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 04:22:29 CET 2009

Hi,

I am delighted to read these positive vibes about aq, as i found it in 2002 (under the name ccapi).

Mind the new and much easier to use aqp2 from us at http://aqp2.activequant.org .

The idea u describe is very much what we intend over at aq.org as well, for this reason we have migrated last year to something like r-forge, u can call it aq-forge, based on redmine. I offer the servives of aq.org to host all code, svn,wiki, bug tracker etc. Of course there r also the big places like sf.net and google code, but i appell on the smartness of people to not support these big ones, but rather stay close to us and work with aq.org.
On the aq mailing lists we have many good and motivated people. i recommend to setup a project there and use all the discussion facilities from there. As we host everything ourselve, an automated backtesting is very easy to setup. Of course only the best of the best should join theae efforts, i fully agree that a thorough skillset is required.

Regarding licensing i don't see a problem as long as it stays gpl.

Let's stay in touch.

Sorry for "abusing" this list a bit, on friendly neighbourship,
Ulrich

-- Urspr. Mitt. --