[R-SIG-Finance] FinData provider Xiginte and R

me at censix.com me at censix.com
Sun Dec 20 11:50:18 CET 2009

Hi to the list

>From following the list discussions I get that there are R packages for
pulling Bloomberg and LIM(?) data into R. Does anybody know if there is
such a package for Xignite.com ? (I looked at xignite because they provide
the financial data that is used in wolframalpha.com. I like their "you
only pay what you use" pricing model)

http://www.xignite.com/Support/GettingStarted.aspx

If not, does anyone think that creating one would be a straightforward
thing, i.e. could such a package be derived from one of the existing
packages fairly quickly?

Thanks

Soren