[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Dec 14 14:48:34 CET 2009

ehcpieterse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have updated my version of R to 2.10.0, as I have a new workstation. In
> RDCOMClient load: " package was built under 2.9.1 and will not work
> properly"
>
> I have downloaded the RDCOMClient shown on CRAN, but the message persists.
> Does anyone know if an updated version of the package exists somewhere else?
> Alternatively, how do I fix the problem? I have also ran the
> update.packages() command.

Eduard,

I believe the message is likely a WARNING, not a stop error, and is just
warning you that things *may* not work properly, mostly help files, iirc.

When reporting errors, please copy the entire error into your email as a
general policy.  There is usually quite a lot of information contained
in the error (or sequence of errors) if you pay close attention.

Also, Ana has previously posted to the list that RBloomberg is being
moved off the RDCOMClient and posted details of the new version.
Perhaps you should look in the archives and try the newer version of the
code.

Regards,

    - Brian

--