[R-SIG-Finance] getSymbols is zoo or xts?

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Sat Dec 5 02:17:43 CET 2009

Jeff Ryan a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> It depends on the ultimate getSymbols call (e.g. getSymbols.yahoo or
> getSymbols.rda...) but most return xts.

So, as far as I understand it, it mostly returns xts, but if I want to
be conservative, zoo is guaranteed.

> Docs indicate an xts object with getSymbols.yahoo, though this is
> settable with return.class=  Can be almost any time-series class.

Yes, I saw that. I will have to think of a scheme to cleanly and
correctly map this kind of dynamic typing to OCaml's static typing. This
kind of problem is likely to happen often with OCaml-R.

> Make sure you have the most recent documentation (i.e. using the docs
> with the package, not the ones at quantmod.com or elsewhere).

I was indeed using help(getSymbols).

> Best,
> Jeff