[R-SIG-Finance] getSymbols is zoo or xts?

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 02:03:59 CET 2009

Hi Guillaume,

It depends on the ultimate getSymbols call (e.g. getSymbols.yahoo or
getSymbols.rda...) but most return xts.

Docs indicate an xts object with getSymbols.yahoo, though this is
settable with return.class=  Can be almost any time-series class.

Make sure you have the most recent documentation (i.e. using the docs
with the package, not the ones at quantmod.com or elsewhere).

Best,
Jeff