[R-SIG-Finance] How can I retrieve list of all companies listed of a given Index say S&P 500

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Nov 23 10:30:44 CET 2009

On 22 November 2009 at 16:44, Arthur Kreitman wrote:
| I don't think that the S&P component list is conveniently available.  And
| you need more then the list, you also need the weighting.

I am travelling and am away from the machine on which I did this, but IIRC
the SP500 spreadsheet (in convenient csv format) contains not only the index
components but s also their industry code, weightings etc

I followed a link from the Wikipedia followed by maybe one or tow searches on
the SP site. It really was pretty straightforward.

Hope this helps, Dirk