[R-SIG-Finance] [R-sig-finance] A question on VECM

RON70 ron_michael70 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 11:30:03 CEST 2009

Thanks Bernhard for this reply.

However actually I was thinking there might be some matrix property for any
rxn (rank "r") matrix to equivalently explain in a combination of Identity
and rx(n-r) matrices. Is it so? Actually I got this feeling from a statement
saying that, "normalization is always possible if variables arranged
properly". Therefore suppose I have some economic theory to express C.I.
vectors in original term i.e. arbitrary C.I. matrix, based on some
economics. Then I arrange them i.e. do matrix manipulation to make C.I.
matrix Normalized i.e. let say, I have following original C.I. matrix (based
on some economics) on 10 variables :

n = 10
r = 4
C.I.matrix = matrix(rnorm(10*4), 4)

Now I want to make it (I[4], C.I.matrix.modified[4x6] )

Here I am rather interested is there any R function to do this kind of
"matrix-normalization", not so interested to get a "already normalized" C.I.
matrix.

Is there any?

Thanks