[R-SIG-Finance] iterations inside odfWeave

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 03:38:57 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Eugene Tyurin <etyurin at skipstonellc.com> wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Your point is taken.
>
> However, odfWeave does not have a dedicated mailing list, and, in my
> experience, similar problems seem to arise in pursuit of similar objectives.

Yes, but similar problems do not necessarily require similar
solutions.  And the lack of a dedicated mailing list is why Brian
suggested contacting the package maintainer and/or R-help.

> How often does a statistician write a paper where he does not know the
> structure of his data beforehand? But a trader never knows how many
> securities are going to satisfy his pre-screening criteria.

Determining the structure of your data does not require a report built
with odfWeave.  This may be a more appropriate mailing list if you
were searching for a more general solution, but your problem is really
with odfWeave.  Brian and I don't intend to be rude; your question
will simply be more likely answered better/faster on a different list.

> On 6/2/2009 7:43 PM, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
>>
>> Eugene Tyurin wrote:
>>>
>>> I am writing a report using odfWeave, and I need to run a function
>>> several times to produce several pages of charts.
>>>
>>> Here's my best attempt - unfortunately it only produces one chart
>>> instead of multiple:
>>>
>>> <<fig3,echo=FALSE,fig=TRUE>>=
>>> for( q in tickers_) {
>>>    multi_graph(q,asofDate)
>>> }
>>>
>>> Is there a "right" way to do it?
>>
>> I'd suggest emailing the maintainer of odfWeave, and perhaps sending this
>> query to r-help.  It has nothing directly to do with finance.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>   - Brian

Best,
Josh