[R-SIG-Finance] Hamilton Filters (and Kalman)

Eric Zivot ezivot at u.washington.edu
Tue May 19 19:12:35 CEST 2009

Actually, there are a lot of implementations of Kalman filters in R. For the
Hamilton filter, see the MSVAR package for an implementation. You can look
at some of the packages that implement hidden markov models (e.g.
hmm.discnp,  hsmm, HiddenMarkov) which implement MS type models where there
are only exogenous variables (no lagged dependent variables).