[R-SIG-Finance] Quantmod

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 21:25:37 CEST 2009

Hi Dan,

Searching the R-Sig-Finance list nets about 230 hits, so *yes* is the
short answer to the first question.  A better question might get a
better reply.

Of course it works is a quick answer to the second.  Of course, "it"
is a bit vague, so you'd need to specify exactly what you mean
again...

"somewhat unstable" I'll interpret to mean you don't understand how to
use.  Though again, your comments are being interpreted by me as not
very clear, and it should go without saying (though I will be
explicit) that they are certainly not helpful.

The trading model side of things, as been pointed out in a few of the
230 R-SIG conversations, as well as 3 presentations posted on
quantmod.com + examples, is indeed not very well sorted out.  There
are design ideas that are still open, and until a myriad of
collaborative projects come into focus, will remain unfinished.

quantmod can be made more fully developed by 2 things:

#1 me contributing more time to it, which I am, as time permit of
course.  This isn't my FT job though :)
#2 others contributing ideas, feedback and *constructive* criticism to
the effort.

Of course we can all just wait for the 'fully developed' packages that
do everything to appear on CRAN.  Were you volunteering? ;-)

Until then,
Jeff