[R-SIG-Finance] HJM model (Interest rate)

Dale Smith dsmith at viciscapital.com
Thu May 29 22:24:49 CEST 2008

I would say look at the Hull-White model. They even wrote a paper outlining how to implement their model, a rarity for academics. Just go to John Hull or Alan White's web page and look for the paper, or Google for it.

Christopher Finger's group at Riskmetrics recommended using this model in the MBS space. Register at the Riskmetrics web site & look for the article in 2004 or 2005.

HJM can be difficult to calibrate.

Dale Smith, Ph.D.
Vicis Capital LLC
Voice: 212-909-4635