[R-SIG-Finance] Brief reminder that R-SIG-Finance is about Finance, and for subscribers

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Dec 27 14:29:28 CET 2007

A brief reminder from your list maintainer that

a) The charter of the list is 'special interest group for R in finance', so
   please continue to send _finance_-related questions here.

   The signal-to-noise ration is currently pleasantly high, and I hope that we
   all can do our share in keeping it there.  This requires focus.

   Consequently, non-finance-related questions, be they about plotting devices or
   general computing or R issues, belong to r-help and not here.  Do NOT post
   non-finance matters here, however urgent you feel about them.

b) The list is subscriber-only and will only allow posts from subscribers. As
   the so-called 'list owner', I get an ungodly amount of spam bounces as our
   gratious hosts at ETH Zuerich seem to pass literally everything through.

   Consequently, if you accidentally post from a non-list address, do NOT expect
   the post to be 'moderated in'.  Bounces are 'by default' taken to be spam
   and can not be expected to be read. They might, but I would not pin too
   much hope on it, and therefore recommend re-posting from a known address.

Thanks -- that's all.

Best wishes for 2008, and now back to our regular programming.

Dirk