[R-SIG-Finance] Interaction with graphs in R

ровен Акьатои volchik2000 at list.ru
Thu Dec 27 12:42:18 CET 2007

Hi to all,

thanks a lot for you replies concerning milliseconds in zoo objects.

I was wondering if the following was possible with R:

Say i have a lognormal distribution:
 x<-exp(rnorm(1000))
 plot(density(x))

so i have a PDF graph and then i can pull some random points on the line using mouse (the way 'curve' works in  Microsoft Paint for example) in effect to create a custom distribution (bimodal, multimodal, etc), basically whatever shape i want, and then being able to extract resulting distribution for my calculation?

I looked at iPlot but it's not useful for this purpose i presume.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks