[R-SIG-Finance] Problem with the timeDate function

Strong strongthinking at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 16:30:27 CEST 2007

Dear All

I am a beginner of Rmetrics.  It is the first time I posts on the mailing list.

I am having a problem with the use of timeDate function.

I tried to use timeDate function in the fCalendar package to convert a character string of date to into the timeDate object.

My script is something like the followings:

< date <- c("1990.01", "1990.02")

< date.td <- timeDate(date, format="%Y.%m")

And then, I got the following error message:

Error in if (sum(lt$sec + lt$min + lt$hour) == 0) isoFormat = "%Y-%m-%d" :
	missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
In addition: Warning message:
Unknown Format Specification in: .whichFormat(charvec)

I don't know what's wrong with my format specification.  It seems the reason is I am not using the standard iso format,  although I do believe the flexible specification of time format is allowed by the timeDate function just like in S-Plus.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Strong Chen
phd Student,  Graduate School of Commerce and Management;
Hitotusbashi University, Tokyo, Japan