[R-SIG-Finance] get.hist.quote and mysql

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Sep 20 22:17:53 CEST 2007

On 20 September 2007 at 13:01, Dry Eraser wrote:
| http://search.cpan.org/~edd/Finance-BeanCounter-0.8.7/

Yes, main page is
	http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/beancounter.html
and you get to pick Postgresql, Mysql or SQLite all of which work out of the
box.  It's rather robust, with a number of users who have been using it to
fetch daily data for a number of years now.  It has its warts too --
historical FX data is not as reliable etc pp.

I have yet to really integrate it with R -- the analysis part (done in Perl
just like the rest) covers just the basics (but does two VaR measures and
what have you) -- but I want to do it in a way that leaves the Perl-only
users unaffected, ie start from scratch with an analysis modules, maybe with
a little gWidgets GUI. I always thought it would make for a nice backend for
PerformanceAnalytics, so here's Hi to Brian and Peter :)

Hth, Dirk