[R-SIG-Finance] Problem with the timeDate function

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 02:14:04 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am also new to Rmetrics so take what I say with
caution.
The string "1990.01" is not a valid date - you must
add a day also (even if you do not care about the day
add a dummy one, let say 1, so that you date is
"1990.01.01"). This is a valid date but then you have
another problem (as indicated by your error message) -
if you specify date only then the format is assumed to
be "%Y-%m-%d" and so a period (.) can not be a
separator. So you can either specify the date as
"1990-01-01" or supply a valid time as well, i.e.
timeDate("1990.02.01.00.00.01",format="%Y.%m.%d.%H.%M.%S").

Regards,

Moshe.