[R-sig-finance] [R] Bloomberg Data Import to R

Parlamis Franklin fparlamis at mac.com
Thu Feb 16 20:12:14 CET 2006

Reuters, anyone?

Other than the fact that much my trading was done over Bloomberg
Mail, which is ubiquitous and without which the financial world would
collapse, I am not finding anything to recommend Bloomberg over the
Reuters alternative.  In fact, based on mimimal research it appears
that Reuters may present fewer platform dependencies and thus fewer
hurdles for those of us in UNIX/Mac world.

Can anyone comment on Reuters in a positive or negative light?

FP