[R-sig-finance] JOB: S-PLUS/R Finance Consultant, Mango Solutions (UK)

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Nov 23 17:47:23 CET 2005

	  I concur with Sean:  It's a fact of life that none of us really know
if our jobs will be there tomorrow.  Even traditionally secure jobs in
government can (at least in the US, and I believe elsewhere) be
terminated in relatively short order by a change in legislation.  Even
without this uncertainty, it's good to know where there is demand for
the skills of people like those who subscribe to this list.  Of course,
if it gets too frequent, then a separate list for that might be
appropriate.  However, we are not even close to that, in my opinion.

	  Spencer Graves

Sean O'Riordain wrote:

> I don't think there are *that* many R job opportunities in finance
> arising every month - if the number of opportunities posted to the
> list stays low relative to the rest of the more technical posts, then
> I don't have a problem with it at all.
>
> If the number of R-Job emails arising each month starts to rise
> significantly, then perhaps a separate r-jobs at stat.math.ethz.ch email
> list might be considered specificially for this purpose ?
>
> cheers,
> Sean
>

> On 23/11/05, jmbucci at stat.ucla.edu <jmbucci at stat.ucla.edu> wrote:
>
>>As a grad student, it is nice to see the opportunities out there,
>>especially R computing in the Finance practice.

>>>"No" -
>>>of
>>>
>>>I think that this list is a perfect forum for job postings relating to
>>>R and finance.
>>>
>>>Not that I am looking for a job or anything . . .
>>>
>>>;-)
>>>
>>>Dave Kane

Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer