[R-sig-finance] import.data.rte in R?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jul 5 15:30:26 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 12:50:43PM +0200, Molins, Jordi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in the fBasics pdf file, page 108, it is said that import.data.rte downloads
> data from Reuters Feed. I have both Bloomberg and Reuters, but not S-Plus (I
> work with R). Is there a way to have both (or at least one) datafeeds in R?

I've done it for Bloomberg (and LIM) using their C-level APIs, and talked
about it at UseR. At this point I cannot release the code for it.  We use
Reuters too, but I haven't had a need for it yet.

> Another question: I guess that import.data.rte is a function that is called
> from an R session, and it downloads data into some R object. Is it possible
> to create a script that automatically sends these data into a database?

I'd try the (D)COM interface by Neuwirth and Baier [ and version 1.35 was
just released: http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/dcom/RSrv135.html ]

Other suggestions, anyone?

Dirk

--
White House officials praised the performance of the controversial
new Diebold electronic voting machines, which successfully tabulated