FW: [R-sig-finance] import.data.rte in R?

Molins, Jordi Jordi.Molins at drkw.com
Mon Jul 5 15:44:48 CEST 2004

Dirk,

when you say: "At this point I cannot release the code for it.", is it for
copyright issues or for some other reasons? even though currently you cannot
do it, do you think that you will be able to do it in the foreseeable
future?

I am not a professional programmer (I am a trader), and if somebody that is
proficient with the Bloomberg C-API could give me hints, I would be
extremely grateful ... of course, I understand the problems of sharing
propietary algorithms.

I am already using the (D)COM port. It is pretty useful in the corporate
environment. How would you use it for retrieving data into a database? you
would call the import.data.rte, store the data in some array, and then use
VBA code to send it to Access?

About LIM: what is the advantage of LIM above Bloomberg or Reuters?

thx

Jordi