[R-sig-Fedora] rgl.snapshot only captures a small portion what's visible in the RGL device window on CentOS 7

Wittner, Ben, Ph.D. Wittner.Ben at mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 12 19:32:26 CET 2016

Tom,

I thought about filing a bug report with Nouveau, but it seems that working directly with Nouveau is well beyond my capabilities.

I have no idea how to do most of the stuff Nouveau says to do in their troubleshooting page. And for the small minority of things that I think I might be able to figure out, each one would take me hours of reading and experimentation and begging for help. I'm not an OS guy.

And also, I don't think I can afford to be frequently installing and uninstalling drivers because I need my machine to be stable for my real work.

Nouveau's bug reporting page says "If you are using packages from your distribution and are unable/unwilling to test the latest versions of all the pieces of nouveau, send the bug reports to your distribution and not directly to us." So I thought I should submit the bug report to CentOS.

I'm hoping that it will be relatively easy for someone at CentOS to reproduce the bug and then take it from there, probably working with Nouveau.

-Ben