[R-sig-Fedora] rgl.snapshot only captures a small portion what's visible in the RGL device window on CentOS 7

Wittner, Ben, Ph.D. Wittner.Ben at mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 13 22:27:05 CET 2016

Ugh.

Below I declared victory, but today I learned that the NVIDIA driver has a problem the nouveau driver did not have. Namely, when using the NVIDIA driver, if I plot a lot of stuff in the RGL window and then using the mouse expand the RGL window, R usually crashes.

One work-around seems to be to
1) close all RGL windows, if there are any
2) call rgl.clear() to create an RGL window
3) re-size that window using your mouse
4) do your plotting