[R-sig-Fedora] rgl.snapshot only captures a small portion what's visible in the RGL device window on CentOS 7

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 23:22:45 CET 2016

On 01/11/2016 05:13 PM, Wittner, Ben, Ph.D. wrote:
> I followed the instructions in the link below, which allowed me to install the nvidia driver, which fixed the original problem with rgl.snapshot.
>
> Thanks very much for all your help.
>
> I guess I'll file a bug in the CentOS Bug Tracker so that the nouveau driver might get fixed. I'll also post to R-help so someone with the same problem who only searches R-help and not this SIG will see the solution.

Awesome. If you have the cycles, I'm sure the CentOS people would
appreciate it if you ran through the nouveau troubleshooting first:

http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/Bugs/

You might consider also filing a bug with the Nouveau upstream, as the
CentOS people may not be experts with that driver, but the upstream
certainly will be. Keep in mind that they may want you to test the
latest version of the driver first.

Glad we got it working for you though. :)

~tom

==
Red Hat