[R-sig-Fedora] Centos / Fedora rpm - issue with openblas

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 22:55:27 CEST 2014

On 06/16/2014 04:45 PM, enzo at smartinsightsfromdata.com wrote:
> Guys, with respect, it is the latest RPM that broke things.
>
> My Centos 6.5 was safely installed with R 3.02 and a dynamic link to openblas.  Few days ago I got notification of a new RPM for 3.1.  I installed (there was a communication about libraries but not very clear as per the consequences) and  that broke things for me.

Things are not "broken", things are "different", and we reserve the
right to make major changes with major releases. Everything in
Fedora/EPEL is rebuilt against R with no Rblas/Rlapack, we'll enable the
shim Rblas in the next major R release. In the interim, you can modify
the spec file and rebuild locally if you're unable to wait and are
willing to also rebuild any affected R packages locally.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we do not test with openblas, and
there is never a good time to change things. :)

~tom

==
University Outreach || Fedora Special Projects || Fedora Legal