[R-sig-Fedora] gpg signature for packages

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Wed Sep 10 14:30:00 CEST 2008

on 09/10/2008 06:01 AM margherita mutarelli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this mailing list and I apologize if my question is naive but I
> couldn't find help about it on the CRAN site.
>
> I have just manually set a "cran.repo" for yum but I don't know how can I
> install the gpg key for the packages. Can you please tell me how to do it?
> By now I just used the  --nogpgcheck and it worked fine.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> margherita

There is a README file in the RPM directories for F7. It looks like the
info there is not replicated for F8 and F9 [yet].

More information here:

  http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/fedora7/i386/ReadMe

and review the 'GPG' section.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz

P.S. to Martyn: With F7 being EOL now, you can probably drop the F7 RPMs.