[R-sig-Fedora] gpg signature for packages

Martyn Plummer plummer at iarc.fr
Wed Sep 10 18:39:09 CEST 2008

One difficulty with using the CRAN repository is that you also get R
directly from Fedora. I am not sure how well the two repositories play
together, although the good news is that the CRAN RPMs should now be the
same as the Fedora ones (modulo bug fixes).

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 07:30 -0500, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> on 09/10/2008 06:01 AM margherita mutarelli wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am new to this mailing list and I apologize if my question is naive but I
> > couldn't find help about it on the CRAN site.
> >
> > I have just manually set a "cran.repo" for yum but I don't know how can I
> > install the gpg key for the packages. Can you please tell me how to do it?
> > By now I just used the  --nogpgcheck and it worked fine.
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > margherita
>
> There is a README file in the RPM directories for F7. It looks like the
> info there is not replicated for F8 and F9 [yet].

Hmm. OK. I should copy that.

> More information here:
>
>   http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/fedora7/i386/ReadMe
>
> and review the 'GPG' section.
>
> HTH,
>
> Marc Schwartz
>
> P.S. to Martyn: With F7 being EOL now, you can probably drop the F7 RPMs.

I know. But I decided that as long as it was supported by mock, I could
build it.

M.