[R-sig-eco] (no subject)

Rajendra Mohan Panda rmp.iit.kgp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:21:44 CEST 2016

Dear viewers

I get following error while I import "caret " package into RStudio. I have
imported all required packages beforehand I try this. I have tried the
following two options also, but failed to import the "caret" package:

install.packages("caret", repos=c("http://rstudio.org/_packages", "
http://cran.rstudio.com"))
install.packages("caret", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org",
type="source")

Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck
  namespace ‘Matrix’ 1.2-2 is already loaded, but >= 1.2.3 is required
In addition: Warning message:
package ‘caret’ was built under R version 3.2.5
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘caret’

Your kind advice is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Rajendra M Panda
School of Water Resources
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur