[R-sig-eco] CLMM and model selection conflict

Chris.Wilcox at csiro.au Chris.Wilcox at csiro.au
Sat Jun 6 00:10:46 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am using CLMM in package ordinal to model the condition of animal carcasses (on a 1 – 5 scale of decay) in an experiment evaluating the relationship between time since death and condition.  I am fitting models to a small number of covariates (5) in addition to the time.  We followed the condition of individual animal carcasses over time, in a variety of experimental conditions (on land, floating, submerged; high/low current, high/low temperature; fresh/frozen).  I want to do some model selection on the models.  I have tried add1/drop1 from the ordinal package, along with dredge from MuMIn.  In both cases the functions are not able to find a formula from the fitted model object.  After much searching, I have not found any others in the various R help mailing lists that have run into the same problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Wilcox
Principal Research Scientist