[R-sig-eco] CLMM and model selection conflict

Law, Jason Jason.Law at portlandoregon.gov
Wed Jun 10 01:37:01 CEST 2015

Chris,

I'm no expert here, but you can obtain LRT's using anova() with the models you want to test. I don't see a reference to using drop1 with clmm in any of the package docs. But there is for clm which makes me think this may be intentional on the part of the package authors.

I would think that all of the dangers of testing fixed effects in the presence of random effects is present here just as they are with lmer. In that case, a parametric bootstrap or mcmc seems like the preferred way to go (http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq).

Jason