[R-sig-eco] Multi-state models

Krzysztof Sakrejda-Leavitt krzysztof.sakrejda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 22:17:40 CEST 2008

Dear colleagues,

I am am starting work on a project using multi-state models based on
capture-mark-recapture data to create parameter estimates for matrix
population models.  The software the group is currently using is MSurge,
but I am interested in packages within R which would substitute for that
function.  I am aware of pomp and msm, but i have experience with
neither.  Any comments on functionality and robustness in real
applications (or in testing) would be appreciated, especially coming
from anyone who has also worked with MSurge/MARK.

Best,

Krzysztof

Krzysztof Sakrejda-Leavitt

Organismic and Evolutionary Biology