[R-sig-eco] glmer , quasipoisson and standard errors of the coefficients

Albert Romero albertromeropuente at ub.edu
Thu Sep 4 15:47:26 CEST 2008

Thank you all for the answers. I'll be careful with this kind of models
till I learn how they work...

By the way, I have realized that, comparing a Poisson model  with a
quasi-Poisson model,  the estimated  SE of the coefficients in the
quasi-Poisson model are the SE of the Poisson model times the scale
parameter of the quasi-Poisson model. I guess that this is related with
Bolker's statement of dividing the LRT by the scale parameter to obtain
the quasi-likelihood.

Kind regards.

--
Albert Romero Puente
Departament de Biologia Vegetal-Botànica