[R-sig-eco] Good Book for learning R

Glen A Sargeant gsargeant at usgs.gov
Tue May 6 16:20:16 CEST 2008

For a relatively concise and painless introduction, I suggest reading
Dalgaard's "Introductory statistics with R," then the introductory
material in Venables and Ripley, "Modern Applied Statistics with S."

Once you have a good grounding in the basics, you may find most help in
topic-specific materials.  See the R website for a lengthy list of books
and other resources.

Glen A. Sargeant, Ph.D.
Research Wildlife Biologist/Statistician
Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
8711 37th Street SE
Jamestown, ND  58401

Phone: (701) 253-5528
E-mail:  glen_sargeant at usgs.gov
FAX:     (701) 253-5553

"Jeri Parrent" <jparrent at uoguelph.ca>
Sent by: r-sig-ecology-bounces at r-project.org
05/06/2008 07:09 AM

r-sig-ecology at r-project.org
cc

Subject
[R-sig-eco] Good Book for learning R

 I have only used R a little  bit, and I am looking for a good,
comprehensive
   book on R, but one that is approachable for a novice like myself.
   Any suggestions?
   Thanks,
   Jeri

--