[R-sig-dyn-mod] Fitting ODE and DDE models with FME using missing data

Johannes Ranke joh@nne@@r@nke @end|ng |rom jrwb@de
Tue Mar 14 20:09:19 CET 2023

Hi,

In principle, this is possible, you just define the cost function based only on
the observed variables. But you may run into a lack of identifiability of the
parameters determining the unobserved variable(s), which may result in non-
convergence, or very wide confidence intervals for these parameters.

Kind regards,

Johannes