[R-sig-dyn-mod] Fitting ODE and DDE models with FME using missing data

Thomas Petzoldt thom@@@petzo|dt @end|ng |rom tu-dre@den@de
Tue Mar 14 21:51:56 CET 2023

I agree completely with Johannes. Observational gaps are no technical
problem for FME, because it is possible to define an own cost function,
or use a "long format" for the data. Examples are found in the package
help files and vignettes or a poster:
https://desolve.r-forge.r-project.org/user2014/examples/FME/

But, the data should describe all features of your process to ensure
identifiability. This is a fundamental scientific (or mathematical)
question and not a technical problem of any package.

Thomas