[R-sig-dyn-mod] stiff ode - accuracy default values

Radovan Omorjan omorr at uns.ac.rs
Fri Apr 29 14:39:32 CEST 2016

Hello,

Here is one of my test examples for stiff ode solvers (attached). I
tried many lsoda based solvers in different software and they usually
can solve this problem with their default parameter values (accuracy
etc.). By using ode() from deSolve, it seems that I have to reduce the
values of atol and rtol in order to get the expected profiles. There is
no method using the default accuracy values I tried which will give me
the profile I expect.

The problem with these equations become problematic when times riches
around 16.33. After that time the value of B should be constant and for
S should be zero.

I just wanted to send this example to the mailing list and hope there
might be any comment about it. In the first place, I hope that the
authors of deSolve might consider this example regarding the default
values of atol and rtol.

Best Regards,
Radovan