[R-sig-Debian] SOLVED- Re: help installing R on Linux Mint 21.2

Luben Dimov |uben@d|mov @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 3 20:58:54 CET 2024

Facu,

I have spent over 20 hours in the last week or so trying to install that single
package, tidyverse,  and have tried many things suggested on many sites without
success.

I did have the "deb https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu jammy-cran40/"
in my sources list all along

I finally succeeded installing tydiverse (in R on Linux Mint) with the

install.packages("tidyverse", dependencies = TRUE)

after first installing these (through the OS terminal):

sudo apt-get install libharfbuzz-dev libfribidi-dev libfreetype6-dev libpng-dev
libtiff5-dev libjpeg-dev

It is always more rewarding the more frustrating it is. This one was very
frustrating. The hard part was knowing which of the copious amounts of errors in
the output to focus on, with many of the suggested solutions in those errors
being written in a way that a layperson would have to spend a very long time
trying to decipher and figure out how to actually do.

Thank you all for all your help.
Luben