[R-sig-Debian] SOLVED- Re: help installing R on Linux Mint 21.2

Facundo Muñoz |@cundo@munoz @end|ng |rom c|r@d@|r
Wed Jan 3 11:07:46 CET 2024

Luben,

Yes, I've seen the other thread, but didn't dig into the scripts to see
what might be failing.

In any case, I can assure you that you can install tidyverse on Mint
without any trouble. I suggest you run the installation scripts
manually, line by line, trying to understand what you are doing (i.e.
googling whatever thing you don't know). This allows 2 things: 1/
enables you to adapt whatever needs to be adapted to your situation
(e.g. the distro name, paths, etc.); 2/ just learn how things work.

For instance, you can add the CRAN apt repository in multiple ways. If
the script fails and you don't figure out why. Just do it another way.
You can also use the graphical interface ("Software sources") in Mint
and add the PPA manually.

Be patient. It is confusing at first, but then everything gets
progressively into place.

Best,

ƒacu.-