[R-sig-Debian] installing tydiverse on Linux Mint

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 2 08:06:43 CET 2024

Hi Luben,
You wrote earlier that you cannot get linux help from your IT department.
I am guessing that your IT department supports Windows.
In that case, consider using Windows with WSL 2 (see
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/about).
The default Linux distribution for WSL 2 is ubuntu, which is supported by
posit and R and will allow you to avoid the problems you are experiencing
with Mint.
A separate hint is that sometimes rstudio-server works when rstudio desktop
fails. In this case you can bring up Rstudio in your browser.