[R-sig-Debian] installing tydiverse on Linux Mint

Luben Dimov |uben@d|mov @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 3 04:57:07 CET 2024

Eric,

I do have Windows as a virtual machine in GNOME Boxes, but it is only there for
extremely rare cases - when I am required to do something for work on a
proprietary software (e.g., sign a pdf document in Adobe, which I do once a
month...). So I don't want to run R and RStudio in Windows, even tho I can and I
have been able to install tidyverse there without any problems. Come to think of
it, it is rather ironic - that it is easier to run this free/open source
software on a proprietary OS than on a free/open source OS...

Your suggestion to try the Rstudio Server instead of desktop may be what I try
next (because a bunch of additional attempts on Rstudio Desktop that I made
today also failed).

Thanks,
Luben