[R-sig-Debian] Unable to update r-cran-sf

Michael Rutter m@rutter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Sep 14 04:16:43 CEST 2021

Ege,

On 9/12/21 3:59 PM, Ege Rubak wrote:
> Thanks for the promt reply, Michael.
>
> I managed to add the UbuntuGIS PPA and installed everything. However,
> when I load the new version of sf I all the sudden get corruptions when
> I exit R. I haven't had a real crash while running R yet, but I also
> didn't really test anything yet. Have anyone seen something like this
> before? My gut feeling is to try to remove/purge any apt packages
> related to spatial stuff, and reinstall, but I'm not sure what the
> easiest way to do this is. I tried
>
> sudo apt remove libproj-dev
>
> Which caused a lot of packages to be removed, and then I reinstalled r-
> cran-sf and others, but I still get the corruption as before.
>
> At the moment a vanilla R session gives the following:
>
> ```
>> library(sf)
> Linking to GEOS 3.9.0, GDAL 3.2.1, PROJ 7.2.1
>> q("no")
> double free or corruption (out)
> Aborted (core dumped)
> ```

I think this is something specific to your system.  I started with a
fresh Docker container for 20.04, installed the required PPAs, and this
exited without issue.

 > library(sf)
Linking to GEOS 3.9.0, GDAL 3.2.1, PROJ 7.2.1
 > q("no")

Hard to diagnose what could be causing this.  Could be related to
packages installed within R, not with apt.

Hope this helps,
Michael