[R-sig-Debian] Unable to update r-cran-sf

Ege Rubak rub@k @end|ng |rom m@th@@@u@dk
Sun Sep 12 21:59:22 CEST 2021

Thanks for the promt reply, Michael.

I managed to add the UbuntuGIS PPA and installed everything. However,
when I load the new version of sf I all the sudden get corruptions when
I exit R. I haven't had a real crash while running R yet, but I also
didn't really test anything yet. Have anyone seen something like this
before? My gut feeling is to try to remove/purge any apt packages
related to spatial stuff, and reinstall, but I'm not sure what the
easiest way to do this is. I tried

sudo apt remove libproj-dev

Which caused a lot of packages to be removed, and then I reinstalled r-
cran-sf and others, but I still get the corruption as before.

At the moment a vanilla R session gives the following:

```
> library(sf)
Linking to GEOS 3.9.0, GDAL 3.2.1, PROJ 7.2.1
> q("no")
double free or corruption (out)
Aborted (core dumped)
```