[R-sig-Debian] libRblas.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Sun Sep 23 16:31:32 CEST 2018

On 23 September 2018 at 10:09, Steve Gutreuter wrote:
| For example,
|
| install.packages("emplik")
|
| is failing with: libRblas.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
| file or directory
|
| As Dirk pointed out, this is likely an error in the emplik package,

I made one educated guess. Now we have more information and can update:

- this is a CRAN package so everybody can check its status:
    https://cloud.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_emplik.html
  turns out it is picture perfect

- this is a CRAN package so everybody can look at its file on the mirror:
    https://github.com/cran/emplik/tree/master/src
  it does not set a link instruction

so we conclude that the error is local to your system.  _Something_ is going
you did not tell us, so I have to guess some more:

- maybe you built another version of R and it sits in your $PATH before the
  packaged version

- maybe you set build environment versions

Ball back in your court.