[R-sig-Debian] elpa-ess fails to initialize after update to 18.10 on ubuntu bionic

Paul Johnson p@uljohn32 @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Oct 24 21:49:54 CEST 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 12:13 PM Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:

> It's just a directory, not an apt repo, so you need to download eg
>   http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/tmp/ess/elpa-ess_18.10-1-2_all.deb
> and then install it.
>
> These "work for me" but then I also did not have that recent issue.
> Testing feedback (on list or off-list) would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,  Dirk
>
> --
Hello, Dirk

It looks OK from my end.

On my Ubuntu 18.1 system, I did not see the problem described above.
However, today I saw some other wrinkles and  I have installed your
package and it works as well.  M-R does cause an  R session to open.
I see an explicit setwd() function call in the R inferior session,
I've not noticed that before.  Otherwise, no damage from the new deb
file.

The standard keyboard shortcuts like C-c C-n work work fine too. The
buttons like "->" and eval region seem OK.

I have some other problems to fix, but I don't think they are related
to packaging.

Thanks for your effort

PJ
--