[R-sig-Debian] elpa-ess fails to initialize after update to 18.10 on ubuntu bionic

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Wed Oct 24 19:13:25 CEST 2018

As a follow-up, I now also received a Debian bug report email from Sebastian
Meyer (CC'ed) with some helpful detective work I should have done -- my
packaging was still setting ess-site.el to the wrong (old) path.

I fixed this in a new build 18.10-1-2.  Before I toss that at the Debian
build servers (and Michael for his Ubuntu builds), could anyone who has an
issue please test it?  Thes ess and elpa-ess deb files are here for now:

  http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/tmp/ess/

It's just a directory, not an apt repo, so you need to download eg
  http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/tmp/ess/elpa-ess_18.10-1-2_all.deb
and then install it.

These "work for me" but then I also did not have that recent issue.
Testing feedback (on list or off-list) would be much appreciated.

Thanks,  Dirk