[R-sig-Debian] R package update on Kubuntu

klerer at sxmail.de klerer at sxmail.de
Mon Jan 4 19:25:03 CET 2016

Dear list,[1]I use a current and continuously updated Linux
 distribution (Kubuntu, 14.XY < LTS < 15.10) and since not so long I decided to
venture into R statistical programming by means of an editor suitable
for KDE called "rkward"; the R version installed on that Linux machine
is version 3.0.2.[2]I experienced problems concerning the installation
of R packages and R packages' updates as well as editor updates (you don't
have to worry to deal with the latter as I have still to contact the
"rkward" team on that issue) lately. [3]My most important problem by now is that I
 apparently were using one mirror (a "https://" mirror of a University
in my home country) too often and that grew into a problem in so far as
package updates via my GUI of choice ("rkward") are now not possible anymore.[4]Do you know a way/ ways out? I especially contact you because Kubuntu is a Debian flavour so that an answer (or hint) to the problem('s resolution) presented in [3] could perhaps require knowledge that would exceed that of a "helping hand's" abilities.Best regards,Markus Hofstetter